The Make a Difference in India LinkedIn Group that I started is launching an ambitious program to donate one million (1,000,000) children’s books to rural and disadvantaged children all over the world where Asian-Indians live and work by December 2009. This initiative is for anyone with a love for children!
Read this message, spread this message, and act!
The program works as follows:
1. Donate new or used children's books to a rural school, library, or organization of your choice.
2. If you wish, write the name of the donor and the slogan – Making a Difference!
3. Send an email to MillionBooks09@gmail.com with your name, contact details, number of books donated and the name and address of the school or library to which you donated. Please indicate if you wish to remain anonymous.
4. Plans are underway to work with a Trust (in the interest of disclosure, please note that this is my family trust) in India to facilitate this project.
Need for volunteers!
1. We need an army of volunteers to spread the word, particularly those with media experience and those with access to the publishing industry.
2. Need experienced volunteers to mobilize groups and create a grass roots movement.
3. Need one volunteer with good record-keeping experience.
5. Need a financial institution with trust management experience to volunteer for pro bono work.
For all inquiries and suggestions, please send an email to MillionBooks09@gmail.com.
Thank you and I look forward to working with you on this exciting adventure!